Thank you for choosing The Music Center for your musical needs! As a local small business we strive to offer the very best customer service and shopping experience we possibly can. It is important to us that you are completely satisfied and come back often! Here is an outline of our Return & Exchange Policy, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask one of our great staff members!
FOR ALL RETURNS & EXCHANGES A RECEIPT IS REQUIRED. IN MOST CIRCUMSTANCES WE MAY HAVE A DIGITAL RECEIPT, BUT IF WE CANNOT FIND RECORD OF THE SALE WE WILL NOT ACCEPT THE RETURN OR EXCHANGE.
- Returns on consigned product can only be accepted within 14 days of the date of purchase, 15 days after you purchase a consigned item, the consignee has already been paid. There is no warranty offered on consigned product outside of the 14 day period. We do our very best to screen all consigned items before selling them, but we highly recommend testing all consigned items before purchase.
- Returns on new product can only be accepted within 30 days of the date of purchase. Certain new items are considered non-returnable by law. Items such as microphones, reeds, opened packages of strings, used cleaning/maintenance supplies, books, CDs, computer software, and DVDs are all considered non-returnable. Items that are in a condition less than new, are no longer considered new, and will not be accepted for return. Condition of the item being returned will be established by the staff of The Music Center. New items only qualify for a Store credit if returned in an un-opened state. If the item does not have packaging (i.e. guitars, amplifiers, etc.) they can not be returned.
- Returns on special orders are accepted, however; any special order (as laid out in new product guidelines) will be subject to a 15% re-stocking fee. Our distributors do not allow us to return special orders and the 15% charge is to balance the extra costs we paid to have your item shipped, that fact that the returned item may not sell, and any extra work our staff may have put in to acquire your special order. We are happy to special order anything we have access to, and we encourage you to be confident that you want the item you are ordering (Do your research! Read product reviews!)
- Returns on defective new items are accepted. If the defective item falls under manufacturer warranty it will be handled by the manufacturer. If within 30 days from date of purchase and if there is no warranty supplied by the manufacturer, the defective new item will be repaired or replaced with the same or like item. Defective used items will be treated on a case by case basis. Defective items never qualify for cash refunds.
- Online purchases qualify for returns with 30 days of delivery. Shipping is not Refundable. The Customer is responsible for shipping the item being returned. Items being returned need to be returned to the following address The Music Center 149 Maine St. Brunswick, ME 04011. Write on the Box the order number for the return... Exchanges and Credits will be made when the items are returned and inspected. Usually within 24 hours of return...
- We are very flexible with exchanges and each one is treated on a case by case basis. Generally; if the item being exchanged is in the same condition it was originally sold to you in, we will allow an exchange of that item for its full original value in store credit towards any other item. We do not allow special orders to be exchanged for another special order, which just perpetuates a horrible cycle that we can’t stand!
- Unfortunately we do not have the technology to de-activate lost or stolen gift-cards. It is the responsibility of the consumer to keep a gift-card safe and secure. We apologize for any inconvenience, however; lost or stolen gift-cards will not be replaced.
WE ALWAYS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE A RETURN OR EXCHANGE FOR ANY REASON. WE WILL DO OUR VERY BEST TO COME TO A CONCLUSION THAT LEAVES YOU SATISFIED!
Returns are Gladly Accepted, Accompanied by SALES RECEIPT, for exchange or store credit.
- No Cash Refunds -